Death of Christian Atsu: Again, orphans become orphans.

Mrs Beauty

 The entire compound of Becky's Foundation in Senya Bereku in the Awutu-Senya-West District was filled with sadness and grief as orphans and managers of the orphanage observed in black and red attire either sat in the facility or loitered there dejectedly, occasionally wailing and sobbing.

The ace footballer Christian Atsu, their helper, financial supporter, benefactor, and hero, had suddenly passed away, leaving them in deep sorrow and pain.

On Monday, February 6, the unfortunate earthquake that struck south-eastern Turkey killed their sole benefactor, who had been doing so much for them. The inmates thought their orphan status had changed for good.

When the GNA visited the Home on Thursday, Mrs. Matilda Adu Poku, the administrator of the Foundation, referred to their situation as "orphans turned into double orphans."

Madam Monica Wiredua, the home's manager, told the GNA that Atsu, the Foundation's pillar, had brought smiles and joy to the children, and his sudden death had hurt them a lot.

She stated that the former player had scheduled a June 2023 visit to the home with the Black Stars' Team of Ghana for the commissioning of classroom blocks that he had built for the orphanage himself.

She stated that the death of Atsu was deeply regrettable to everyone in the household because he was the primary provider of food, clothing, education, and other necessities for the children.

According to Madam Wiredua, Atsu also built a mechanical borehole that brought water to the house.

Aside from that, she said, the former football player trained with them on the field, backed Becky's Football Club, and spent time with the kids in public places like the Westhills Mall, where he always bought things for them.

The children have been sobbing uncontrollably, and it has been a terrible time for us.

She stated, "They are currently being counseled on the reasons why certain things happen in life, but the sadness and terror in them right now can't be expressed in words."

She informed the GNA that they had lost a precious stone and prayed to God to send a second Atsu to help the children.

Mr. Seth Asiedu, the Foundation's Director, recalled his last conversation with Atsu on Saturday, February 4, during which he promised to send the final installment of funds necessary to finish the school building.

He stated that at the beginning of this academic year, the Foundation hired teachers to assist the children with their homework at home in the hope that the school would be officially commissioned and that they would be able to open their own school.

The building with offices, a library, a computer lab, and a pitch has desks and uniforms ready for the children to wear, but it hasn't been painted yet.

"As it stands, we are working on providing about four or five writing boards with the desks that are available so that they can move into the classrooms by next week, although it has not yet been commissioned."

Mr. Asiedu went on to say that the foundation was heavily reliant on Christian Atsu's generosity, so he appealed to other benevolent individuals, organizations, and former players to help them realize Christian Atsu's dream of helping kids achieve their goals.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment (0)